Friday, February 14, 2014

Stick it to 'em

This year for Valentines day I encouraged the kids to be a little more personal with their gifts. And nothing is more personal than going to the dollar store together and spending a buck for a book of stickers :) The boys actually thought it up, and I was great about spending $1 to cover 40 kids. We're not much into spending a bunch of money on generic commercial-pushed products just because it's a holiday. Here's a few of my favorite sayings Liam wrote out:
Note Valentine #5: "You don't know you're beautiful." From a popular pop song. Liam reserved that for that special someone in class. Liam making it happen!

And Julian:

First one: Gangnan Style song
Second: What does a Fox Say

I'd personally melt if I got either one. 

3 comments:

Mary said...

I love that idea. Your boys are the most thoughtful.

Lynne said...

Grown up! Those sweet boys are so grown up these days!

Montana at the Helm said...

Such sweet boys! Wish I could get Gage to do that. He thinks writing is torturous! It's so fun to see what kids come up with.