Seeing the rainy April days this month has made me so contemplative. I miss my family and, like everyone else, can't wait for the warmer weather that's just about here. I was thinking about my dad today. My dad keeps a 'rainy days' folder in his file cabinet. In it he keeps letters, notes of appreciation, pictures etc. etc. from friends/family in years past.
The idea is to pull out one of those notes when you're feeling down. Looking at pictures or reading notes of appreciation can definitely help you feel grateful and happy sooner than later.
Last week Liam wrote this sweet letter for Tanner. He can't spell or read yet and he's just learning to write his letters. It took at least 20 minutes to write!
I know this letter looks like any kid's writing, but when you see it from your own child it makes you just beam (and isn't it nice to feel a little sunshine from time to time?)
6 comments:
Yes, it is nice to feel a little sunshine in your heart especially when right now I am looking at the snow falling outside.
I love those proud parent moments.
Aw! So very sweet!
That's definitely a keeper.
Wow, nice work Liam. :) I love you Carrie!
Liam, you are learning to write so well! Gammy was very impressed!
Love to all the fam,
Gammy and Grandpa
I have a few wonderful notes in my files and lots of little one liners in my scripture from Carrie. To me - priceless!
Post a Comment