Sunday, July 31, 2011

Skalkaho Falls

Summertime is our time to explore, so these posts are more for our remembrance than anything :) Hope you like the pics.
Tanner was in the mood for a drive yesterday, so we landed ourselves in this pretty spot, Skalkaho Falls- located in the Sapphire Mountains. Liam gave it a roaring two thumbs up.
As you approach the falls it gets cool enough from the mist that you need to wear a jacket (at least for a Mesquite native). By the way, if you come up to visit you need to bring at least one flannel shirt. You won't feel the true Montana spirit without it ;)
High in this mountain the fish are small, but it's great for the boys. If Liam or Julian wanted to hold a fish it was a matter of minutes waiting for Tanner to pull one in. You guys would love it there.

7 comments:

Kari said...

Wow! Those falls look amazing. We may just have to check this spot out when we travel that way. By the way, I love the flannel.

Mary said...

So pretty. Rob got a fly fishing pole, so he's drooling over this stuff.

Christine said...

I'm pretty sure you guys live in heaven.

And you are the coolest parents ever.

Jordan Mamma!! said...

Ohhhh.....my gorgeous!!! I am a bit jealous!! It sounds like you are really loving it up there. I miss being up around there. I think pines trees, mountains and lakes are what heaven looks like! Thank you for posting these beautiful pix! You are a babe in your flannel shirt btw!

:o)

Jordan Mamma!! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah said...

"Julian is like the Marilyn Monroe of babies."

-Dylan

Carrie said...

Hahaha! Thanks guys! You're all awesome.